Mazda3 Forums banner

9 years..

9K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  jonnypage 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, my car turned 9 years old and hit 70,000 kilometers last week. So far I have only had to do oil changes but it looks like I need to replace the shocks and struts now.

Am I the longest lasting Edmonton Mazda3 owner now?

#2 ·
If you need a copy of the factory service manual to help with that strut change, check the Newb Thread in my signature.

#3 ·
Thanks philrab. Unfortunately I don't have the tools or know-how so I have to get it done at a shop.

I just bought a set of Koni STR.Ts for $425 CAD shipped. I guess I can no longer say that I haven't had to put a dime into my car not including basic maintenance.

#5 ·
Shocks are wear items, they need to be replaced every so often.

That said, good working shocks improve grip and braking. Consider this a safety upgrade.

#10 ·
make sure you keep your original receipts in case you need a replacement down the road. Koni will send you a new replacement but charge you until they receive the old one back....

#16 ·
I bet New Orleans is a close second, hence I have Koni STR.T's and OEM springs.

Brilliant minds think alike huh OP?

#19 ·
Man, i haven't been on these forums for a long time.
I ordered my Mazda 3 in December 2003. Picked it up at the dealership Feb 2014. 180,000 km now. other than routine maintenance, i had to replace the fuel pump Jan 2013 and the the water pump May 2014. Front right wheel bearing needs replacing now. Shocks are probably due too. Have a new serpentine belt and A/C belt on standby to replace the originals. So far brakes are fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.